Friday, October 07, 2005

Miss Managara Madras


Madras, recently known as Chennai, is integral part of my growth...If some one from north india, refers to the term "Madrasi", that would be me...

Born and brought up in Singara Chennai, me knows nothing other than Tam and life circling Madras. Though the last 4 years, I have been out of it, my heart is heavy longing to be back.. Having met a lot other indians from various parts of the country, I believe the birth place, and the place where you grew up is such a integral part of your character. Bombay folks for example, just say, they cannot imagine a better city than Bombay. In the various comparisons they make, they make you believe it is true. This is not true to Madras, Bombay or any other city/country. As Joey from Friends would sing "I miss New York, thats the only place that knows me, thats where home is, and thats where I feel I am myself".

I strongly believe, that is true with me and Madras. I am myself, probably only there. I consider any other place alien to me. Sometimes I wonder, why I am, in a hugely different vast country, varied culture, and lifestyle. Money is it? Or career? Or just coming out of the box? I am not sure.

Miss Madras much:

Miss first day first show Thalaivar movies
Miss eating pani poori on the roadside
Miss Saravana Bhavan
Miss my yamaha bike
Miss traffic
Miss Pollution
Miss Chaos
Miss Marina
Miss Cricket
Miss Tamil Cinema
Miss Tam Politics
Miss Cable TV
Miss Friends
Miss Relatives
Miss Home
Miss Family!


I know I will be back, but how soon? I wish the soon comes sooner!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrinalya said...

Madras was great- agreed! Now Madras is goin to dogs !! u said that in ur last post.....

Y go to dogs along with Madras. Shun it !!

Letz go Golt way !!!!
Letz go Hyd way !!!!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home